Well, Mark started out on his adventure at sea for the next 7-8 months. He will be cruising the Mediterranean with a couple port calls before heading into the Persian Gulf and possibly off Somalia. I'm excited for him to be out doing the job he has spent almost 2 years training for and getting the experience he needs to become the expert he will inevitably be. Living apart for so long won't be a picnic, but that's Navy married life.
It was wonderful to be on and around the ship today. I got to meet family of the other sailors in Mark's rate. And I had the chance to take lots of pictures!
Now I turn my attention to keeping the plants and animals on the homefront alive and well. Wish me luck! =)
Such great pictures of such an emotional day. Thanks for sharing them. Wish you love and luck--you'll thrive in new and remarkable (hee hee) ways--even while you are apart.
ReplyDelete